Conference Day 2
8:30 AM - 9:00 AM Coffee & Registration
9:00 AM - 9:10 AM Chairman’s Recap of Day One
9:10 AM - 9:50 AM Applying Security Controls to ICSAlan Capon, SCADA & Communications Engineer Network Services – Asset Management, manx utilities
- Which security controls are needed to adequately mitigate risk to an acceptable level that supports the organisational missions and business functions?
- Have the selected security controls been implemented or is there a realistic implementation plan in place?
- What is the required level of assurance that the selected security controls are implemented correctly, operating as intended, and producing a desired outcome?
Alan CaponSCADA & Communications Engineer Network Services – Asset Management
10:30 AM - 11:00 AM Coffee & Networking Break
11:40 AM - 12:20 PM Creating an Effective ICS Incident Detection, Response and System Recovery StrategyWendy Arrowsmith, Business Security Liaison, National Grid
- Implementing organisational response and system recovery plans after inevitable incidents on the network
- Improving the time between an incident occurring, how quickly the incident is detected and how quickly a system can be recovered after an incident
- Understanding the stringent uptime requirements of ICS, and aligning incident response and disaster recovery
- Training Incident Responders for ICS-specific scenarios, as normal methods of recovering IT systems do not apply to ICS
Wendy ArrowsmithBusiness Security Liaison
12:50 PM - 1:20 PM INTEGRATED RISK SURVEYS: BREAKING DOWN THE SILOS
12:20 PM - 1:20 PM Networking Lunch
2:20 PM - 2:50 PM Industrial Control Systems – Safe and Secure?Rob Turner, Advanced Solutions Consultant, Yokogawa
- What’s special about industrial control systems, and safety instrumented systems in particular?
- Can a control system really be safe if it is not secure?
- Defender V’s Attacker: improving the odds
Rob TurnerAdvanced Solutions Consultant
4:20 PM - NaN:NaN AM Coffee & Networking Break
4:50 PM - 5:20 PM Fundamentals of Intrinsic Cyber Security at the Heart of Industrial AutomationWilliam Horner, Process Automation Consultant, Horner Technologies
- Installing a layered and deeply embedded approach to ensure lasting success
- Creating a standard to define and measure the success of security procedures for industrial automation
- Encouraging successful industry adoption of security through measured user experience
William HornerProcess Automation Consultant
5:20 PM - 5:50 PM Stairways and Jigsaws: Choosing the Approaches, Methods, Funding, Components and Partners is Harder than it Should beCevn Vibert, , Vibert Solutions
- Limited funding and a proliferation of complex products hamper security progress for ICS Integrators
- Grass-Roots ICS experts need tailored Security components to complete the Security Jigsaw
- Climbing the Stairway to Security can be done in baby steps